If you are a yahoo mail user and you are looking for the ways through which you can add or remove yahoo mail recovery method then you are at right place with this piece of write up. There are various ways through which a user can easily add or remove recovery method from your yahoo mail. Recovery methods help user you at times if you ever forget your password and in case you are removing recovery method then you can remove them but its not a good choice to opt for this options.
Recovery method helps you to get back your locked Yahoo account. So you need to certain that you add a legal mobile phone number or email address attached to your yahoo account so that you can recover your account in emergency.
Add or remove a recovery option on a computer
- First of all you need to sign in to your Yahoo Account.
- Now tap on Account security.
- You can also tap on Email addresses or Phone numbers.
- Tap on Add recovery phone number or Add recovery email address.
- Then you can follow the on-screen instructions to go through and confirm your new information.
- In order to remove a recovery option you can use the same step and in spite of of adding step can tap on the Delete icon Delete icon by it.
Add or remove a recovery option on a mobile device
You cannot use these steps in your yahoo app but in case your phone has this feature then you can be asked to re-enter your password, phone passcode, or Touch ID.
- First of all open your mobile browser app and then click on the Sidebar icon
- Click on Account info.
- In case you are using the Yahoo Mail app, then tap on Manage Accounts to see this option.
- Now click on Security Settings.
- After this click on the Email addresses or Phone numbers that you want to add or remove.
- Click on the add option and add details of your email address or phone number.
- You will be asked to authenticate your new info.
In case you are facing any sort of difficulty in the above steps then you can simply dial a toll-free Yahoo customer care service number and get instant help from the yahoo technicians over a single call.